The Ultimate Diesel Additive Installation involved the addition of two additive tanks for injection into the existing diesel out-loading lines. Also there was the installation of a transfer line from the Gantry to the new additive tanks. Interlec worked alongside the Mechanical Contractors to complete the Electrical and Instrumentation works, and assist BP Engineers in the successful commissioning of the project.
Client: BP Australia Pty. Ltd.
Location: Port Hedland Bulk Fuel Terminal
Project Duration: 12 weeks
Scope of Work
Installation of all Electrical equipment associated with new Ultimate Diesel Additive system including the following –
- Cable containment including Cable Ladder, Steel Conduits and associated supports.
- Installation and Termination of all E & I cabling.
- Installation of all Circuit protection, and Variable Speed Drives for Motors
- Installation of all free issue and contractor supplied field devices including Isolators, Local Control Stations, Lighting, and Additive Controllers.
- Installation of all Instrumentation including Radar Level Gauges, Monoblock Assemblies, Temperature Transmitters, RTDs and associated IS control equipment.
- Termination to existing Field Junction Boxes during Planned Plant Shutdowns.
- Installation of High High Level Alarms for new Tanks in existing Alarm Ammunicator Panel.
- Connection of Ex rated Motors.
- Installation of earth electrodes for Additive tank lightning protection.
- Equipotential bonding of all cable ladder and equipment as required.
- Detailed Inspection of all Ex rated equipment in accordance with AS/NZS 60079, including supplying documentation required for the Terminal Hazardous Area Verification Dossier.
- Testing of all equipment in accordance with AS/NZS 3000:2007
- Submission of Interlec Documentation Pack including Inspection and Test Plan and Record, Material Data Report, and As Built Drawings.
- Commissioning assistance at direction of BP engineers.
The Project was completed in a fully operational Terminal, requiring careful planning for timely completion and successful tie-in works during planned shutdowns.
Interlec completed the project with no lost time injuries and full adherence to BP OH & S , Quality and Environmental policies.